How do you arm your distracted kid with the right child nourishment and become a 100% panatag mom? Try cooking Bacon and Egg Spaghetti! With spaghetti being a popular food for kids, this healthy version is sure to entice your distracted kid to sit down and eat.
- ¼ cup bacon bits
- 450g spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 hardboiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- In a large saucepan, boil 4 quarts of water. Add spaghetti and cook for 10 minutes.
- While noodles are cooking, prepare sauce. Add butter and garlic in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat. Add the beaten eggs, stirring for a minute and remove from heat.
- Drain spaghetti and put in a large bowl. Remove garlic from butter mixture and pour over spaghetti. Toss to blend.
- Sprinkle parsley, chopped egg, bacon bits and cheese over top. Mix together and serve warm.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.