As a mom with a busy kid, how do you become 100% panatag that you're giving your child the right nourishment? Mommies, try Lactum's Apple Meatballs recipe. This meal will surely be able to support your kid's on-the-go lifestyle: masarap na, nutritious pa!
- 500g ground beef
- 1 tbsp. finely diced onion
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup soft bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. apple juice
- 50g potato chips, crushed
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice mixed with 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Combine meat, onion, flour, bread crumbs, seasonings and egg. Mix the grated apple and apple juice together then add to meat, combine well.
- With wet hands, form the mixture into small balls and roll the balls in crushed potato chips. Chill for 4 to 5 hours.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the balls for approximately 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, mix the soy sauce with apple juice, vinegar and sugar. Heat until sugar has dissolved. Serve sauce over meatballs.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.