School kids will benefit from this antioxidant-rich dish. Try this recipe recommended by Lactum 3+/6+ for your busy child!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 celery, sliced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup nonfat plain or Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, optional
- To make the dressing, combine mustard, yogurt, lemon juice, and honey in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, pour ¾-inch water and allow it to simmer. Add broccoli. Cover the pot. Cook for 2 minutes or until florets are tender-crisp. Drain broccoli and transfer immediately into a bowl of ice water. Drain. Pat broccoli dry with paper towel.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together broccoli, grapes, celery, carrot, avocado, green onion, and walnuts. Add desired amount of dressing and toss again to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Complete this dish by serving it with a glass of Lactum 3+ or 6+ - with essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid, is now made even healthier with Healthy-Nutri Blend* to help make your child 100% nourished** and more. So moms like you can be 100% panatag!
*Fiber, Lower Added Sucrose, Healthy Calorie Blend in line with expert recommendation (WHO/FAO 2003. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Joint WHO/FAO Expert consultation. WHO. Geneva)
**with 3 balanced meals a day