Minsan, we know that in our passion to provide the right nutrition for children, we sometimes over prepare. Katulad ng paghahanda ng sobrang food pag dinner or lunch. Kaya naman minsan, we don't know what to do with the excess dishes that we made.
But no worries, mom! Leftovers can still be great food! May iba nga na nagsasabi that they even taste better! But of course, we have to keep in mind some guidelines in preparing leftover food.
Here are some tips to keep your leftovers tasty and safe, and at the same time, still provide the right nutrition for children.
- Keep your refrigerator set to 40°F or below. This temperature is just enough to preserve your meal up until the next day or two. This will also ensure that the nutrition for children in the dish is still fully contained.
- Your leftovers must be refrigerated two hours after it's been served. If nag exceed na sa two hours na nasa labas ng ref ang dish, it's better to simply throw it away.
- Leftovers are ideally reheated at a temperature of 165°F para warm and delicious to eat pa rin ang pagkain when it's set on the table.
- Never rely on smell alone. What you can do to ensure that you are not feeding your kids spoilt food is to label your containers. Write your date of purchase or an "eat-by-date" so that you can be guided when to discard your leftover food.
- Add a twist to your food. Not only will this reinvent your kids' palate, pero you can add more healthy ingredients that will surely help provide the required nutrition for children.
- Always pair it with something healthy and fresh. Try having fresh fruits for dessert or healthy green salad before eating reheated food. Pwede rin namang samahan ito ng Lactum 3+ or 6+ para you are 100% Panatag na you are providing the right amount of nutrition for children.
Lactum helps provide the essential nutrients from the food pyramid to make your kids 100% nourished!*
*with three balanced meals a day.